Mustard Seeds Academy welcomes children of all abilities, with the commitment to provide quality care and education to each child. We believe every child is a unique individual with varying needs, and we welcome the diversity that brings to our centers. All children and families deserve to be full members of their communities, to have the opportunity for development and learning, and to experience a sense of belonging.
Mustard Seeds is based on the child development model which incorporates the theories of Piaget, Montessori, Erikson, and others. Learning through play is viewed as the cornerstone of the curriculum. Adults provide protection, security, stimulation, support, limits, and affection. Children are respected as individuals within a child-oriented program.
At Mustard Seeds Academy, children are given the opportunity to explore materials and participate in a variety of experiences. Activities are carefully planned and implemented in an open-classroom setting. Children are free to choose from age-appropriate activities including art, music, language development, pre-math skills, science and nature, and dramatic play. Children develop self-esteem, independence and problem-solving skills as they make choices and assist in planning the environment and the activities.
Our primary goal is for children to feel safe and secure. Prior to being independent, a child must know that he or she can depend on adults and a predictable environment. Children are treated with respect and kindness. We recognize that children develop at different rates and have different interests. Small group size and appropriate teacher-child ratios allow for meeting the individual needs of each child.
It is the mission of Mustard Seeds Academy to provide quality child care for families in the community in a warm, nurturing, loving and educational environment. The childcare needs of all economic levels are served, enabling families to obtain employment or to further their education.
It is the Goal of Mustard Seeds Academy:
- To provide high quality, developmentally appropriate child care for preschool children with focus on the individual child’s age and ability to stimulate social, cognitive, physical and emotional growth.
- To provide a safe, nurturing and recreational environment for school age children while their parents work or attend school
- To provide opportunities for families to be involved with their children’s education and have access to parenting support and education.
The objectives of Mustard Seeds Academy are:
- To provide a curriculum, which enables each child to develop new skills at their own ability levels, to prepare each child to succeed in kindergarten and to provide a safe, healthy environment for the children so their parents can obtain peace of mind about their child’s care.
- To provide a variety of activities in a safe, friendly, supportive environment.
- To provide opportunities for parental involvement in the operations of the Center.